- 4 plantains
- vegetable oil (for brushing)
- salt (to taste)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- Peel and mash the ripe plantain.
- Beat egg, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Blend egg mixture with mashed plantain. Make sure it is all incorporated.
- Then sift flour and baking powder into the plantain/egg mixture. Mix it all together.
- Add enough milk to obtain a batter that can easily be scooped, but not too liquid either. Not more than a ½ cup.
- Add oil to a frying pan and place on medium-high heat. Drop spoonfuls of the plantain fritter batter into the hot oiled frying pan. Flip when you see the edges starting to get brown and golden.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar/confectioners’ sugar on top of the hot fritters and serve.
Cook for 1 minute on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.